The Rochester/Monroe County Domestic Violence Consortium (DVC) consists of agencies, community groups, and others who are concerned with the problems of domestic violence and whose primary affiliation is within the Greater Rochester/ Monroe County area.
We are committed to the elimination of domestic violence through a coordinated community response that promotes safety for victims and their families, ensures batterer accountability, and fosters community awareness.
The DVC will be a driving central force challenging, supporting, educating and encouraging the community and its member agencies to continue to be instruments of change in the area of domestic violence by:
1. Providing governmental, planning, and regulatory bodies with information, advice, and proposals on issues relating to domestic violence;
2. Providing a means for disseminating and sharing information;
3. Promoting inter-agency communication, support, and cooperation;
4. Improving the quality of domestic violence services and related services by planning, coordinating, and providing training and technical assistance programs;
5. Facilitating communication and cooperation with the public and with other service providers.
If this is an emergency, please call 911
Rochester/Monroe County Domestic Violence Consortium
ABW 24 Hr. Hotline: (585) 232-7353,TTY (585) 232-1741